Monday, December 8, 2008

I'm back

I know there are hundreds of people out there that check my blog daily and have been sorely disappointed due to my lack of updating. To all of you I am sorry. So, wipe your tears and get ready because you are going to get an overload on this update.

I'll start with what's new with Chase. Since Halloween Chase has become a chunky monkey. He has started getting fat rolls everywhere. I knew it was inevitable. I have milk that is formulated to create sumo wrestler babies. So, besides getting fat, he's also getting really cute. He is so happy and smiling all the time now. He even has a cute little giggle he does if I'm acting stupid enough he'll humor me and do. He was also recently blessed. We blessed him at home while Brodys family was here for Thanksgiving. It was very nice.

Now for my Baylor man. This kid has a lot of energy. I would think because he has so much energy he releases all day he would need to rest more, but he doesn't. He recently decided he doesn't want to take naps anymore. I was kinda bummed at 1st because I like having alittle time during the day without him running wild around me, but it actually is still good because we now have quite time and he'll just look at books in his room for 30-45 mins, and I can have him do that the same time Chase is napping. He has also started a class at the rec. center for toddlers and really enjoys it. We is in a play group once a week and it has been fun for him. We have some really great friends and neighbors he loves to see and play with. He is talking really well now and I think getting pretty smart. The only thing is he doesn't know colors. He knows way more advanced stuff, but for some reason can't grasp the concept of colors. Has anyone else had that problem? Anyways, he's such a fun loving boy. Brody's family came in town for Thanksgiving and just adored him because he is so fun to be around.

Now, as for me I have been really busy. I quit my nanny job when Chase was born and I don't think I realized how busy I would be just staying at home during the day. I mean seriously how much more laundry can I do? So, between laundry, cleaning, cooking, grocery shopping, running kids around, playing with and teaching Baylor, getting ready for the holidays,feeding the baby, and of course changing diapers I don't feel like I have any extra time. I think staying at home is harder then going to work. I know it seems like it should be opposite but for me it's not. Although, I have been busy I have found time to do a new hobby and that is digital scrap booking. It is so fun and, I know several people would disagree, but I think 100 x's better then regular scrap booking. I mostly love how it's not messy. I have enough to clean the way it is. I have also started running again. I would like to train for a 1/2 marathon. Let me know if anyone else is interested because I could use a running partner. For now I have dusted off my treadmill to run on, but I would love to run outside when it's not freezing or snowing.

As for Brody, he is doing great. He's has finals this week and will hopefully do well on them. We are so excited that he has almost 4 weeks off of school for his Christmas break. So, he'll have a lot of time to hang out with and play with his sons. We are staying in Ohio for Christmas, but do plan of taking a road trip maybe to Cincinnati or somewhere not to far during his time off. Any suggestions? Well, if I don't get back around to blogging before Christmas, then I hope everyone has a very merry Christmas and enjoys the holidays.

3 comments:

Murray Family said...

I've been wondering where you were! I'm glad everything is going good :)

sorensens said...

Tanner did the same thing with colors, it just took him a little longer than normal to catch on to them. Now he is a master at it. Just keep working with him. We went to cincinnati for a road trip and really liked it.

Jessica said...

Glad you are back! It does take some time to adjust to number 2. So happy that you are doing well :-)