Monday, January 24, 2011

New Years

Yeah, I know I'm a little late with my New Years post. Truth be told, I wasn't really looking forward to doing the New Years resolution thing. The last few months have been beyond difficult for me, and I think this upcoming year will follow that same pattern. Brody and I separated in November. It has been a very emotional and hard time. I moved back home to Houston, enrolled in college, and started thinking about changing many plans I had for my family’s future. This year my goals are based around that.

One of my goals has to do with school. It has been over 8 years since I was in college. I hope to be able to do well in my classes and obtain the knowledge I need to be successful. I am planning on getting a teaching degree. I feel like it is something I would be good at, and the fact that I will have the same holidays and summer off with my children is very important to me. I adore my children and want to be with them as much as possible if I'm a working parent.

One of my other goals is to be positive and strong. I have surprised myself with how strong I have been while going through this, and throughout my marriage and life. I realize my knowledge and testimony of the gospel has helped me more than anything. I don't think I would have gotten through this, and am going to get through these hard times without understanding my self worth and divine nature. I really do know that I am a daughter of God and that my worth is great, and that he loves me and wants me to be happy in this life. I have recently gotten answers to many prayers and felt comfort from my Savior more then ever before in my life. I know I am going to go though more hard and emotional times and will have to make some tough decisions, but I hope to be positive and happy about the choices I will make.

I also have a few other things I want to be working on throughout this year. I want to be more friendly, and I want to be a better listener. There are even a few more spiritual and physical goals I have, but that pretty much maxes me out. I hope all is well with friends and family and your year is full of happiness and joy.

9 comments:

Vanessa said...

Oh, hang in there Stacey...It sounds like you have a great outlook and have set some great goals...although, the one about being more friendly? I don't think that's possible! :)

Jen said...

I'm sorry you are going through such a rough time. You will make such a great teacher and i'm positive you will do well in school! Those little boys are so lucky to have you as their mom.

Taryn said...

I have been thinking about you a lot, Stacey! You really are one of the strongest women I know, and I know this experience will make you even stronger. You are such a great mom and I know you will do everything you can to do what is best for your boys. And when all else fails, Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ won't, so turn to them in the darkest of moments. They will lift you up and carry you until you can stand on your own again. Love ya girl!

-tracy said...

Sorry to hear about everything you're facing right now. That being said, it sounds like you're doing great. Congratulations on going back to school! I'm sure if you actually attend class, go to bed(sometime before 4am), and refrain from eating cake batter every night, you'll do great :) I miss you and all our fun together.

Margo said...

I sure love ya. You are an amazing person. Thanks for being an example to all of us by staying close to our Heavenly Father during this time. You are a Rock and your boys are so blessed to be your sons. Love you tons...

Tay and Teigan said...

Oh Stacey, I am so sorry to hear it's been a rough couple of months. It sounds like you have a pretty solid foundation to lean on, you are a great example! Hang in there girl . . . we'll be praying for you and hoping things get easier as you make these difficult decisions. Your boys really are lucky to have you. We're thinking of you praying for you, and sending lots of love from Omaha.

BYUcougars2 said...

lots of love being sent from us!! you truly are amazing! What lucky boys to have you as their mommy!!!

Kari said...

Stacey - I'm sorry about what you're going through! I've been through the same situation.. and I am so grateful for the gospel and my testimony to see me to happiness. Good luck in school - I LOVE LOVE LOVE teaching! I recently got remarried and moved.. so I quit my teaching job after 6 years. You will love it! What are you thinking of teaching? big middle or little??

Hawkins Family said...

Stacey I am so sorry to hear what you've been going through! I am amazed at how positive you are and not letting it stop you from reaching your goals. I'll be praying for you with school and all your decisions. And I agree that I don't see how you could be more friendly!? Love you SBJ!