Alright, I guess I better admit that I am training to run a full marathon. Most people who have known me for a while have heard me say, "I would never, ever run a full marathon, because I think that's just crazy". Well call me crazy, because I'm doing it. I joined a marathon training group here in Louisiana, and the first people I ran with also confirmed this by saying, "If you're running a full marathon that makes you full crazy just like the rest of us". I figure at least I'm in good company running with them, because we are all basically insane.
I'm going to run the Texas Marathon on New Years Day. There are 10 other people in my family running the half or full marathon with me. We decided it was time to get in full training mode this week, so today I ran 15 miles, in 2hr 7 mins. I also burned 1500 calories, What!?!?! It's no wonder I'm craving a supreme pizza and steak dinner at the same time.
I'm hoping I make it to January, because I'm already burnt out of training, and I hadn't even trained hard until this week. I know it's going to get really hard, but I'm hoping it will be worth it.
5 comments:
Go Stacey!!!!! you are sooo awesome!!!
YOu are nuts!
You are a superstar. You are so fast! We just did our first half and it was awesome. And the best part really is how good the food tastes after a long run :). Good luck with the training!
you are amazing! I don't think my body could handle a full! I just ran another half in September and I think that is the most I can do! Good luck with training! I am glad you have others to train with. It sure makes the long runs more bearable!
WOW good luck! We will have to watch for the posts of the family running and see how everyone does. Wish I was going to be there to cheer y'all on!
Tiana just ran her first half. You girls/kids are amazing! There's a whole group of you crazies...
Post a Comment