Friday, April 16, 2010

100th Post!



Whoopee! I did it. Two years and two months later I am writing my 100th post.

I remember it like it was yesterday. I was at a friends house for craft night when the conversation of blogging came up. I didn't know what it was, and therefore should have been shun from society, because I'm pretty sure I thought blogging was an Irish folk dance with wooden shoes (apparently if I don't know what something means I just think of something it rhymes with). Fortunately, I had some good friends that helped me find my way. I started blogging, but I didn't know what to blog about. I figured I would write an update from time to time about the kids and post pictures for grandparents, siblings, and friends to see. I thought it was a great way to keep family in the loop with updates and pictures since they live so far away from us.

After a little while I changed my reasons for blogging (don't worry family I still do it for you too). I have never been very good at keeping a journal or scrapbooking. I decided I would try to blog at least once a week and use that as my journal/scrapbook. I know a lot of people think that's not a good idea, but for me I was doing nothing before, so this was better than nothing. I feel like it is similar especially because I can print my blog into a book and keep it like I would a journal or scrapbook. I already look back at older post and laugh. I'm sure my children will do the same when they get older.

I feel like blogging is a great alternative for those people like me who want to have memories captured, journaled, and photographed, but just don't have it together enough to pull out a journal or get out scrapbooking supplies every time something happens in their family. I think blogging is great. I have loved taking the time to write about my children, husband, goals, achievements, hobbies, vacations, holidays, fun stories, kids milestones, and memories.

So, that is it. For my 100th post I decided to tell you why I have posted 100 post. Happy 100th Post Day!!

1 comment:

carol said...

Have you tried printing out your blog into a book yet? If so let me know how to do it.

See you soon, I'm sure ya'll are getting excited for Brody's graduation.